Sunday, October 16, 2011

Beer Dip

I've tried a few new recipes in the past couple of weeks but nothing worth sharing so I thought I would share my beer dip recipe since it's been a couple weeks since I posted.  Well it's not actually my beer dip recipe.  I originally got it a couple years ago from someone I work with.  I've also been told it's the same beer dip recipe that's on the Taste of Home website.  Nonetheless, it's an awesome beer dip and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it since I usually make it for family get-togethers.  It's usually one of the first things to go!    My kids even love it when I make beer dip!  After eating some, my four year old usually says "I love beer!"

Beer Dip

2  8oz blocks of cream cheese.  I have used low-fat and it still tastes good!
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dry seasoning
shredded cheddar cheese (the amount depends on your preference)
1/2-3/4 can of beer  (In my opinion a heavy beer tastes better in the beer dip then a light one but that is totally up to your preference.)
Pretzels for dipping.  Or you could use crackers or vegetables.

Mix together all ingredients.  Put it in a bowl or serving dish and put some cheddar cheese on top if desired.  I also mix in a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese into the dip.  I pour the beer in a little bit at a time to get  the dip to the consistency and taste that I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment