Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Another Zucchini Bread Recipe

This is another zucchini bread recipe I recently made. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.
I like to read the reviews on recipes before I make them, and this one had good reviews. It calls for a cup of oil and some reviewers said that was too much and substituted 1/2 cup of the oil for applesauce. So that is what I tried as well. It still tasted good but I thought it was a little dry. The kids loved it though. I didn't add the walnuts to this recipe, mainly because I didn't have any. I did add chocolate chips though! Maybe that's why the kids liked it so much!

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 1/2 cup applesauce
2 cups sugar
2 cups shredded zucchini
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans.

In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nuts or chocolate chips. Stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.

Bake 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment