Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baked Banana Oatmeal

I recently came across this recipe on Lynn's Kitchen Adventures. It was a big hit with my kids the first time I made it. This recipe makes a lot of oatmeal so I'm thinking about halving it the next time I make it. We ate the leftovers a couple days later and it reheated well and tasted just as good as the first day.

Baked Banana Oatmeal

3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup mashed banana or about 3 bananas
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Mix all ingredients together and stir well. Spread in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. If you like it a little crunchy on top, cook for a few minutes longer. You can serve this with warm milk poured over top.

No comments:

Post a Comment