Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

This is one of my favorite muffin recipes. It isn't a very healthy muffin so I don't make it often, but it sure is good! It could be put into a loaf pan as well. I got this recipe from my sister in law. It makes a lot of muffins so you could easily half the recipe. Or you could freeze some of the muffins to enjoy later! I did not use as much chocolate chips as the recipe calls for. I used one standard size 12 oz bag of chocolate chips, the original recipe called for 24 oz of chocolate chips. Last time I made this recipe, I got 44 regular sized muffins out if it.

4 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
6 eggs
3 cups sugar
2 (15 oz) cans pumpkin
1 3/4 cups oil
1 bag of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In another large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil with an electric mixer. Add the dry ingredients and mix until moistened. Mix in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into greased muffin pans or use cupcake holders. Could also make mini muffins or bread. Bake approx 25 minutes for regular sized muffins, 12-15 minutes for mini muffins or 50-60 minutes for loaf pans. Ready when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pans to completely cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment