Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

The girls and I tried out a new recipe today to use up some zucchini. I got this recipe from a co-worker. She said it tasted like chocolate cake. She wasn't kidding either! This was so good! The girls couldn't get enough of it! I left the nuts out of the recipe. Mainly to save on calories and fat since I added chocolate chips. Next time I think I'm going to make muffins or mini muffins with this recipe. Then I can freeze the muffins and take them out as needed.

Chocolate Zucchini Bread:

3 beaten eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 cups shredded zucchini
3 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 heaping TBSP cocoa
chocolate chips (optional)
walnuts (optional)

Mix sugar, eggs, and oil. Add zucchini and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients together and add to first mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts, if using. Pour into 2 large or 4 small bread pans, greased and floured. Bake 50-60 minutes for large pans and 30-35 minutes for small pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment