Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Baked Fish and Rice

This is a recipe given to me by a co-worker. I've made it several times and it turns out delicious every time. I use frozen tilapia for this recipe, which I thaw before I use it. But you could also use fresh tilapia or any type of white fish.

Baked Fish and Rice:

1 1/2 cup chicken broth
3/4 - 1 cup rice (minute rice) I usually use brown rice
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
chopped frozen broccoli (about 8 0z) thawed
1 TBSP parmesan cheese
1/2 cheddar cheese
French onions
Any whitefish (tilapia, cod,) thawed

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix rice, broth, and seasonings.

Bake 10 minutes and remove from oven

Add broccoli, few french fried onions, and parmesan cheese. Stir.

Put fish on top of rice. Season fish if desired.

Bake covered for 20-25 minutes. Less if fish is thin.

Stir rice. Add cheese and french onions to top of fish.

Bake 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment